“A slim body is a healthy, fat-free body.” It is very possible that you also inherited this conviction from family, friends, or even from television, but, after we have reached this stage of development in the world, is it possible to believe what the traditions say without supporting it with scientific evidence? In this particular matter, there is another opinion that you should have enough knowledge of. So what does science say?
في هذا المقال
Contrary to the idea handed down from many generations, I will present to you a strange phenomenon that was recently discovered, which is the phenomenon of the skinny fat.
And because its name does not help you to understand what it is, we will explain to you what it means and its symptoms.
You may have the following question in your mind: What does a person with this problem look like?
The first thing you will notice on the skinny fat is that he has a thin body and a higher level of fat than the muscle mass that will look like sagging, or simply calculate his body mass index BMI (dividing the weight in kilograms by the height in metres squared), you will find that it is very good without practicing sports. That is, in short, you will find him as a person who has a thin and beautiful body on the outside, with a very high fat percentage that is often unnoticeable.
Also read: Wonder Slimming Drinks, a Fact or a Trick?
Symptoms of Skinny Fat
How do you know if you have the “Skinny Fat” problem?
- Does your body appear thin, but despite this, you cannot see any clear muscle mass, such as the abdominal muscles, the front and back muscles of the hands, or others?
- Do you have a slim body without exercising?
- Does the diet that you follow contain a high percentage of fats and a small percentage of proteins, and despite that, you have a thin body?
If you answered at least two of the previous questions with yes, then you are likely to be the skinny fat, but don’t worry, every problem has a solution.
Causes of Skinny Fat
But in order to avoid the skinny fat problem, you have to learn about its causes.
- The basis of this problem is that you follow a wrong diet, as the vast majority of people believe that one diet can be generalized to a large group of people without taking into account age, gender and health status, which leads to you getting a “skinny” body, but “fat” in terms of fat. Therefore, my dear, do not follow random diets, especially those spread online. Choose your recipes carefully.
- Do cardio (aerobic exercise such as cycling or walking). Despite its many benefits, and in contrast to the Arabic proverb (increasing goodness is good), your excessive cardio practice leads to losing muscle mass faster than losing fat mass.
- Excessive calorie restriction, which leads you to not getting the necessary nutrients that your body needs, so the body, in response, stores a large amount of fat to use when its requirements fall short.
- Do strength exercises (such as lifting weights or back exercises) infrequently, they greatly help you in building muscle mass.
Risks of Skinny Fat
Not to make you worried, but we would like to remind you of some of the risks associated with the skinny fat problem, so that you realize the importance of the problem:
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Diabetes mellitus, specifically the second type.
- High blood pressure and cholesterol.
It should be noted that most of the diseases associated with the skinny fat problems are very similar to the usual obesity diseases, but the problem is that the patient does not realize that there is a mistake in his structure because his body looks thin.
Also read: Anorexia Nervosa, What is the Solution!
Treatment of Skinny Fat
The first step in treatment is the realization of that the person has this problem, and that he must change his lifestyle and food immediately.
As for what you must do to avoid or limit this problem, it is as follows:
- Make sure to get enough sleep for a period of between six to eight hours a day and take a nap for twenty minutes a day, during the sleep period the body builds muscle mass.
- Do exercises such as lifting weights, and focus on all the muscles of the body without neglecting any muscle, so that one of your muscles is not built at the expense of the other.
- Do cardio (aerobic) exercises moderately.
- Follow a diet that is high in protein, as Sara PopFit always recommends, and low in unhealthy fats. And try to contain low to moderate amounts of carbohydrates.
- Stay away from alcoholic drinks as much as possible.
- Moderate your use of table salt, but remember that you should not stop using it completely, because table salt contains chlorine and sodium ions, which are necessary for the body’s nutritional need.
- Reduce unhealthy fats, such as saturated fats and animal fats, as much as possible, and adopt vegetable fats as a substitute, such as non-hydrogenated vegetable oils such as olive oil.
- Consult a nutritionist, as skinny fat may be an indication of an organic or psychological disease.
And remember that a healthy lifestyle is the solution to many problems.
We wish you continued health and wellness.
Frequently Asked Questions about Skinny Fat
What Do We Call the ”Skinny Fat”
Overweight – Heavy.
What is the Difference between Fat and Skinny?
An obese person has a high body mass index, while a skinny person has a low body mass index.
How Do You Know that You are Skinny Fat?
As mentioned in “Symptoms of the Skinny Fat” section, the most important symptom of skinny fat is that you have a skinny body without muscles or without exercising, and your diet is low in protein content.
What is the Best Time to Drink Tea?
Leave a Reply