You spent many hours in the morning doing your makeup, Combined the foundation perfectly. Added a little blush to your cheeks. And completed your look with a perfect redness! But shortly after you left the house, you noticed that your perfect look had waned and its splendor disappeared!
We all went through this situation, and we all want to prepare the skin before makeup to get a fresh complexion and makeup that lasts until the end of the day. Where we use a lot of expensive and carefully selected products and waste a lot of time in front of the mirror. But the truth is that no matter how good the cosmetics are, they cannot hide many skin problems such as severe dryness. And preparing the skin well before makeup is the basis for its ease of distribution and integration, and makes it stable for a longer period without smudging.
In this article, we will highlight the steps to prepare the skin before applying makeup to get the perfect look and reduce the effect of chemicals on your skin.
In this Article
Steps to Prepare the Skin before Makeup
Prepping the skin before makeup helps create a smooth surface for applying your makeup, and helps your makeup last longer throughout the day. It also helps prevent clogged pores.
Do you want to get a perfect long-lasting makeup that stays put despite the daily movement, transportation and work? So enter the following steps into your daily routine and see the result:
- Skin cleansing: It is the basic step before and after makeup. Make sure you start with clean, dry skin. Gently rub your favorite cleanser into your skin in circular motions to remove any impurities, dirt, and oils.
- skin exfoliation: just like the skin on the rest of your body, your face also needs to be exfoliated to remove any dead cells that may be clogging your pores. Exfoliation can also help reduce blemishes and pits that cause uneven skin tone or an uneven texture.
- Toner: Toner helps soothe, protect and prepare your skin for the most important step of moisturizing!
- Moisturizing: Apply a generous amount of moisturizer all over your face while your skin is still slightly damp from the toner. This will help your skin absorb the product better. So that the makeup blends easily and smoothly on your skin without clumping.
- Primer: Cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing are important parts of your skincare routine. But when it comes to makeup that lasts all day, applying a primer may be the most important step. It helps smooth your skin and extend the wear of foundation, blush, bronzer and other facial products. It also prevents cosmetics from reaching deeper layers of your skin.
- Sun protection: Whatever the reasons, you should not leave home without using sunscreen until you save your skin from the harmful rays of the sun UVA and UVB.
Now your skin is ready to start applying makeup. And after applying the previous steps, you will notice that it has become integrated easily on the skin, without obvious defects or lumps.
Questions about Preparing the Skin before Makeup
You may have some questions like:
What do I use to ensure the stability of cosmetics throughout the day?
There are two easy ways to make-up stability: Setting Spray or a Setting Powder.
Setting Spray: If you’re looking for a dewy, non-greasy look, spray your entire face with Dewy Set set spray.
Setting Powder: Once you apply all the makeup products that contain the cream, cover your entire face with the loose setting powder. This lightweight, ultra-fine powder sets makeup, brightens and sets easily as it absorbs oil and reduces shine.
You can also apply both setting spray and setting powder together for an extra setting quality.
Also read: How to Apply Eyeliner Perfectly
How do I keep makeup fresh throughout the day?
If you follow our steps and prepare your face properly, you won’t need your makeup bag every few hours to modify it.
Do you notice dryness on your skin during the day?
Apply more setting spray to give your skin freshness in the middle of the day.
Do you have some shine in various parts of your face by midday?
We recommend that you keep the free setting powder in your bag so you can make small adjustments throughout the day.
Always remember that preparing skin before makeup is the basis of a beautiful look. And following the right care routine will protect your skin from the effects of cosmetics and allergies. We hope that our article for today helped you in preparing the skin before makeup. Do not forget to visit Farashti Magazine regularly to benefit from articles that talk about the various aspects that concern every woman. Stay safe.
You may also like: