Few people have enough information about magnesium deficiency, foods rich in it, and the dangers of its deficiency. But most of us do not know that it is dangerous and may cause many serious health problems.
Magnesium mineral deficiency means that you are exposed to health and psychological complications that may not occur to your mind. In this article, we will show you all the ideas that you should be aware of, how to avoid this happening, and what is the appropriate treatment. Read on, dear, to know those causes and tips!
In this Article
Magnesium deficiency is a risk that could end your life! Do you have an idea how serious its deficiency is in your body?
Magnesium is one of the essential minerals that your body relies on in order to perform its daily functions and obtain the necessary energy that guarantees you vitality and activity. And if you have concerns that you have a deficiency, we will talk in the next paragraph about some signs and indications of magnesium deficiency.
Magnesium Deficiency Early Symptoms
American studies indicate that 75% of people do not take enough magnesium, including only 2% of those who suffer from severe deficiency. Therefore, symptoms do not appear explicitly except in the case of severe deficiency.
Among the early symptoms of magnesium deficiency that you must be careful if you feel:
- Feeling nauseous and vomiting.
- Weakness and asthenia.
- Feeling lethargic and unable to do any activity.
Magnesium Deficiency Dangerous Symptoms
It is important to know that neglecting magnesium is a great danger to your life, and neglecting treatment exposes your body to continued low levels of magnesium and the emergence of more serious symptoms, including:
- Insomnia, it will become difficult to get deep and healthy sleep hours. And you will always feel exhausted, tired and lethargic.
- You feel an irregular heartbeat. You find it rising, and at other times you feel a decrease in the heart rate
- Muscle spasms and numbness in the extremities as a result of the increase in the level of calcium associated with magnesium deficiency, This exposes you to excessive electrical activity of the muscles that contract more than they relax. That is why the Russian doctor, Lydia Sinitsina, advises you to see a neurologist also in the event that you suffer from magnesium deficiency.
- Irregular colon movement, which causes you to have chronic constipation and a feeling of permanent turmoil in your stomach.
- Mood swings and severe depression. Mood swings, my dear, are among the worst things that direct a person and affect his personal and professional life as well!!!!
The continued decrease in magnesium for long periods may expose you in the long term to many chronic diseases, the most important of which are:
- High blood pressure and atherosclerosis.
- Type 2 diabetes is caused by an increase in insulin resistance in the body.
- Decrease in your bone density, which exposes you to osteoporosis.
- Malfunction of the kidneys.
Magnesium Deficiency Causes
One of the most important reasons that expose you to such a defect is either:
- Low intake of foods rich in magnesium.
- The inability of your body to absorb it due to an infection in the digestive system, especially chronic diarrhea that exposes your body to losing large amounts of nutrients.
- Sometimes the reason may be your excessive use of diuretics.
- The elderly are the most exposed to this type of disorder.
Magnesium Rich Food
Your healthy diet, rich in vitamins and minerals, provides your body with its daily need and protects you from the risk of deficiency. Among the most important foods that should be present in your diet:
- Pumpkin seeds.
- Cereals and legumes.
- Nuts, especially almonds, are advised to take 80 mg.
- Whole wheat bread.
- Peanut Butter.
- Black beans.
Taking Magnesium Supplements
Of course not. It is not necessary to take supplements without the request of the doctor. It is better for you to get it through food that is always better to get minerals from their natural sources. It is better to focus on a healthy and balanced diet to meet the daily requirements of it. And avoid nutritional supplements and leave them to a state of acute deficiency. It is only taken under medical supervision.
Magnesium Deficiency Prevention Tips
So dear, protect your body by following these tips:
- You must adopt a balanced healthy diet.
- You should stay away from smoking.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin D due to its role in increasing the absorption of magnesium.
- Get enough other minerals to ensure the balanced and proper functioning of your vital body functions.
Your body needs a large amounts of nutrients on a daily basis. So give your dish enough attention and choose it carefully and with love. And do not make the deficiency of some elements such as magnesium a danger that may end your life!! And don’t forget to visit Sara Popfit website to get free exercise programs suitable for your body. Stay safe.
Frequently Asked Questions about Magnesium Deficiency
How do I know that I have a magnesium deficiency?
Laboratory diagnosis and blood tests are the best evidence to confirm magnesium deficiency. But the most common symptoms are muscle spasms, tremor, and lack of appetite.
How do I increase the percentage of magnesium in my body?
By eating foods that contain magnesium, such as leafy vegetables such as chard, spinach, and nuts.
What is the right time to take magnesium?
It is best to take magnesium supplements with food.
Does magnesium deficiency cause weight gain?
Deficiency of any essential element or mineral from the body can cause a slowdown in metabolism and thus cause weight gain, including magnesium.