Taking care of light eyebrows, intensifying and avoiding harmful mistakes are not a hard thing. With just a little care and attention, you can get perfect thick eyebrows. It will not take much effort from you, just add a few minutes to your skincare routine for your brows and you’ll see the results!
In this article, we will learn ways to care for and intensify light eyebrows, and avoid mistakes that harm them, which some people do and negatively affect the eyebrows as well. We will help you choose the right eyebrow shape for your face shape.
In this Article:
Causes of Light Eyebrows
Like the hair on your head, eyebrow hair may fall out or stop growing. You may face this for any reasons and you may have light eyebrows since birth, but if you notice that your eyebrows are falling out, it could be due to any of the following:
Causes of Light Eyebrows:
Which you may have heard about, it is an autoimmune disease where our immune system mistakenly identifies a part of your body as the enemy and attacks it.
According to the Alopecia Areata National Foundation, Alopecia Areata targets the hair follicles from which hair grows, which slows down or stops hair production. Alopecia Areata can also affect the fingernails and toenails.
There are several types of Alopecia Areata:
- Partial random patches of hair loss.
- Alopecia totalis is the complete disappearance of all hair.
- Anterior fibrotic alopecia which causes scarring of the scalp with baldness and loss of eyebrows.
Doctors aren’t sure what causes it, but Alopecia Areata can appear and disappear, with hair growing back when the disease is not active, it’s not something you can ignore. Ask the specialist doctor immediately if you notice that you are losing hair in specific spots and in an exaggerated manner.
Our bodies need various nutrients, including energy sources (carbohydrates, proteins and fats), amino and fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Some of these elements mainly work on hair growth and affect it. Therefore, a deficiency in any of them may lead to hair loss, including eyebrows.
Deficiency of vitamin A or zinc can slow hair growth and hinder the production of moisturizing lipids (oils). Elements that can increase hair loss:
- Biotin (Vitamin B7).
- Vitamin C (collagen development).
- Vitamins E, B-12, and D.
- Omega 3 fatty acids.
It is an inflammation of the skin that causes itching, redness, oozing and irritation, meaning that you often have a hypersensitive immune system. It can appear as a one-time episode or an ongoing condition.
- How does it affect the hair?
Because hair follicles are embedded in the skin, Eczema can affect healthy hair growth.
Some people think it is Eczema, but Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder that causes skin cells to multiply so quickly as red, thick, scaly, and painful patches form, which leads to clogging of hair follicles and stopping their growth.
Thyroid disorder is a common cause of eyebrow hair loss.
The thyroid gland secretes hormones that regulate metabolism. When this gland secretes too much or too little of the hormones, your body gets out of its internal balance. Which disrupts a number of natural processes in it, and this includes hair growth.
Hypothyroidism can cause fatigue and weight gain. While people with hyperthyroidism often suffer from heart palpitations, swollen eyes, and weight loss. If you notice any of the symptoms, consult a specialist endocrinologist to conduct some medical tests for you.
Stress and Anxiety
Constant or excessive stress and anxiety can cause physiological changes, including reduced oxygen delivery to hair follicles and fluctuating hormone levels that contribute to eyebrow hair loss.
Pregnancy and Birth
Pregnancy and childbirth can also worsen your hormones and other aspects of your body’s biochemistry. These extreme fluctuations can lead to disruption of your hair growth and hair loss.
Suffering from hair loss begins in the forties, and not only because you are female, but even men suffer from this problem, as the levels of estrogen in women and testosterone in men diminish with age.
Continuous Plucking or Excessive Use of Cosmetics
Eyebrow plucking results in minor wounds. Eventually, hair may stop growing in that spot. Also, a lot of makeup can cause a similar effect when applied for long periods.
Cancer patients enter their bodies with many chemicals that affect the hair follicles. This is why hair falls out heavily when a person undergoes this type of treatment.
Treatment of Light Eyebrows
Once you and your doctor determine the cause of your eyebrows hair loss, you can choose the right light eyebrows treatment for your problem.
- Minoxidil: It is an over-the-counter (OTC) local medication that is available for both men and women. Minoxidil can treat hormonal hair loss over several months.
- Local, injectable, or oral corticosteroids can be used to treat Alopecia Areata, Eczema, Dermatitis, or Psoriasis by reducing inflammation and improving the immune response.
- Acupuncture may relieve Alopecia Areata, Maybe by reducing attacks on the hair follicles and stimulating blood circulation.
- Castor oil is a long-term home remedy for hair growth that may stimulate hair follicles by working to improve certain hormones in the body.
- Dietary supplements containing antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids are effective against hair loss in women and possibly men as well.
- For cases caused by hormonal disorders, your endocrinologist may prescribe medications that contain hormones such as thyroid hormone, estrogen, or testosterone.
- Some hair transplant procedures involve removing part of the skin from a place where there is thick hair and implanting hair follicles in the empty areas of the eyebrows.
- Some people choose to simply hide their eyebrows hair loss with makeup or microblading (semi-permanent tattooing).
- Put some natural oils like coconut oil, lavender oil, and olive oil.
But dear, if the cause of your light eyebrows is a disease, you must treat it after consulting a specialist.
How to Intensify Light Eyebrows with Makeup
According to the global Byrdie platform, here’s how to take care of light eyebrows and intensify them with makeup:
- Brush your eyebrows first:
Before filling in your eyebrows, use an eyebrow brush or roller to comb your eyebrows from bottom to top.
- Choose color:
If your hair is dark like black and brown, choose a color that is one or two shades lighter than the natural color of your eyebrows. But if your hair is light, such as blonde or light brown, you must darken your eyebrows to make them look clear. You can choose a shade darker than half to one shade.
- Choose the right tools and products:
Don’t expect to go shopping for eyebrows cosmetics and all your choices will be right the first time. You’ll need a little time to figure out what’s right for you, and what tools you would be comfortable using, but:
- If you prefer eyebrows powder, bring along sharp angled brush. The stiff bristles and the sharp angle of the brush will help you define the shape of the eyebrows more accurately, and control the way you draw the lines. Try to draw the lines similar to the way your hair grows and in the same direction.
- As for the eyebrow pencil, it is the best for filling in the empty spots of the eyebrow. Draw lines gently in the empty areas and you can use a small brush to soften the lines that you have drawn.
- But if you have gray hair within the eyebrows, you can use eyebrow mousse (gel) as it darkens the color of the eyebrows and highlights their shape. Apply it just as you would mascara, but try not to apply multiple layers.
- Shape your eyebrows carefully:
The most important tips here are:Make sure you have a mirror, whatever method you choose to shape your eyebrows, try to have a light hand, and avoid using a lot of products. Do not press hard on the skin, why? Because it is always easier to add color than to remove it. Whenever you draw some lines, take two steps back and look at them from a distance in the mirror. This will help you see if your eyebrows look symmetrical.
Also, if you are confused about choosing a color, do not be shy to consult the seller, he may advise you on what suits your hair color, according to his experience.
Make sure when shaping your eyebrows that the front part is not square or with very harsh angles, and do not lengthen the eyebrow too much at the end, as this leads to pulling your face down.
Finally, for a natural look, avoid the very pointed bow shape and instead, try to draw a simple and soft curve full of femininity.
Also read: How to Apply Face Contour
Mistakes to Avoid While Taking Care of Light Eyebrows
To avoid hurting your eyebrows and suffering of treatment, here are common mistakes that many people make without knowing their negative results:
- Use a magnifying mirror
When it comes to applying makeup, magnifying mirrors are really helpful. But if you want to pluck your eyebrows, you should not rely on them! Magnifying mirrors make your eyebrows look huge, which leads you to pluck more than necessary, as you will think that they are also huge in reality, and not only in the mirror.
- Start plucking the eyebrows from the front: Wrong! Follow thw order in the picture.
- Pluck eyebrows daily.
- Hair removal from the middle of the eyebrow.
- Not cleaning eyebrow tools.
- Using thread and wax instead of tweezers: Where Mary Beth Madron said to Refinery29: “Waxing and threading is a great way to groom body or facial hair, but not the eyebrows!”
- Putting face creams and moisturizer on your eyebrows: It hinders hair growth and may cause hair loss.
Light Eyebrows Care, Intensifying and Avoiding Harmful Mistakes
Choose the Right Eyebrow Shape for Your Face
Like hairstyle, some eyebrow models will highlight the beauty of your eyes and the softness of your face, while others will look inconsistent with the rest of your features, but how do you know that you need eyebrows in arch shape, or a gentle curve, or a straight shape? This depends on the shape of your face. Look at the mirror, determine your face shape and follow us to find out what suits you:
Eyebrows Shape for a Heart-shaped Face
The Supermodel Cara Delevingne
A soft arch that balances a long chin and a broader forehead. For thickness, choose a full and clear shape for your eyebrows.
Eyebrows Shape for a Round Face
The Actress Mila Kunis
Full, sharp-arched eyebrows are perfectly angled for your round face. If your face is small, try not to make your eyebrows thick and dense.
Eyebrows Shape for Long Oval Face
The Singer Beyoncé
The oval face can not contradict anything. Those who have an oval face shape can choose almost any haircut or bangs length. The same goes for eyebrows, so the best thing you can do is let your natural eyebrows guide you.
Eyebrows Shape for a Square Face
The Actress Lucy Hale
Choose a thick eyebrow shape with a clear angle, this will help you balance out a sharp jawline and elongate the face.
Finally, dear, we hope that you have benefited from our article today, and found the everything that tou ask for.
Frequently Asked Questions about Light Eyebrows
How Long Does It Take for Eyebrows to Grow?
There is no specific answer to this question, but the period ranges from 2 to 3 months, sometimes up to 6 months.
There are other factors that can affect the amount of time it takes for eyebrow hair to grow back, such as:
Medication you take.
Does Vaseline Help to Intensify the Eyebrows?
Vaseline helps lubricate and moisturize the eyebrows and keeps the hair follicles protected for proper growth. It also gives it a more intense look. To use it, take a small amount of Vaseline using your hands and rub it gently on your eyebrows and the area around them. Pay attention to completely covering the eyebrow.
What is the Reason of Eyebrow Dandruff?
It is almost the same as the causes of eyebrow hair loss, such as Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis, and others.
Consult a dermatologist if you notice a lot of dandruff under your eyebrow hair.
Is There a Medical Treatment to Intensify Light Eyebrows?
Yes, you will find many medicines and treatments that help in taking care of light eyebrows,including many serums, such as the biotin serum, which does not result in damage or side effects, and biotin is one of the supplements that are used to maintain hair, skin and nails.
And in case that the cause of eyebrows hair loss is due to a certain disease, then we advise you to consult a doctor to determine the treatment after determining the cause.