Day and night cream to moisturize the skin is an essential product in the wardrobe of all of us. You might be surprised by the name, as we know that there are exfoliating creams and sunscreens, each of which is named according to its effect and benefits on the skin. But when you hear about the existence of day and night cream, it will make you decide when to apply each of these two products to the skin. But you will not know the work of each of them from the name, So dear, we will tell you today about:
What is both day and night cream?
When should they be used?
What are the benefits of each? And other important tips to take care of your skin properly.
In this Article:
The Importance of Moisturizing the Skin
Because both day and night creams often have the primary goal of moisturizing the skin, you must be aware of the benefit of this step, which should be essential in your skin care routine. The most important benefits of proper and good hydration of the whole skin are:
- Hydration reduces the possibility of skin problems: Using the right type of moisturizer for your skin can help keep it balanced. When the skin is too dry or too oily, many common skin problems like acne start to show up, and according to dermatologist Dr. Ted Lane, ”if your skin tends to be oily, then you should look for a moisturizer that contains an exfoliator. If your skin tends to be dry, look for a cream that contains a high percentage of oils”, and we will explain this idea later in detail.
- Moisturizing helps your skin stay supple: the most sensitive areas of your skin are the face, ears, neck, and chest. In fact, the areas most susceptible to skin cancer. Proper hydration can help give your sensitive skin the boost it needs to repair itself and fight off external factors.
- Moisturizing Fights Wrinkles: That feeling of plumpness and tightness in your face after moisturizing is not an illusion. According to the British Journal of Dermatology, people who moisturize their skin properly have only a small part of the appearance of wrinkles compared to those with dry skin.
- Moisturizing is the perfect end to a hot bath: A hot bath gives us a wonderful and invigorating feeling. But it removes moisture and oils from your skin. So take just one minute of your time to apply some moisturizer, and you will ensure that your skin remains clean and protected from dirt, as the moisturizer creates a barrier between your skin and the surrounding atmosphere, including cold, dry air that can further dry out the skin.
The Difference between Day and Night Cream
The difference between them is that night creams are thick due to the high concentration of ingredients in them and their primary function is to repair and renew the skin.
As for the day cream, it is non-greasy and non-sticky, so that you can apply it under make-up, and mainly protects against UV rays and pollution that your skin is exposed to during the day.
The night cream magically repairs and revives skin while you sleep. It also treats damage caused by pollution, ultraviolet rays, and dust, and the night cream, rich in antioxidants, reduces the early signs of skin aging.
Most anti-aging creams are night creams that mainly contain retinol, which reduces fine lines and restores skin firmness.
On the other hand, the day cream contains ingredients that protect against intense exposure to the sun and ultraviolet rays that penetrate deep into the layers of the skin and damage collagen fibers. This results in uneven skin tone and texture.
Also, our skin absorbs the night cream slowly to get the best result, while the day cream is moisturizing and prevents dryness of the skin.
Best Age to Start Using a Night Cream
If you don’t have dry skin, then it is best to start using night cream in your twenties. Choosing a cream based on skin type is essential. Otherwise, it will cause an allergic reaction.
The choice of night cream depends on the type of skin and age.
Before applying the night cream, it is necessary to remove makeup and cleanse the skin as well. Apply the cream all over your face, except for the eyelids and the eye contour area.
Benefits of Both Day and Night Cream
Benefits of a Night Cream
- The night cream moisturizes the dry parts of your face.
- It soothes the sensitive spots on your face.
- It also ensures that your skin is even in texture and tone.
- It boosts collagen production in your skin.
- It also helps improve blood circulation and nutrient supply to cells.
- It reduces wrinkles and lines on your face.
- It makes your skin soft and supple.
- It Helps your skin regain its elasticity.
- It helps in regeneration of dead cells and nourishes your skin.
Benefits of a Day Cream
- It moisturizes the skin after washing or cleaning it, as cleansers (soaps, gels, or lotions) not only remove dirt, but also removes the oily protective layer from our face, so we need a cream to moisturize, nourish and protect our skin.
- Day creams contain SPF to protect against UVA rays in the sun’s rays.
- It closes the pores to prevent dirt and dust from entering.
- Day creams can treat red spots and dry skin.
- It reduces oily apperance caused by skin oils.
- It prepares the skin to absorb the other products we apply.
Choose Day and Night Cream According to Skin Type
Day and night creams are not a one-size-fits-all product. So, it should be chosen according to your skin type. Follow us to learn about the most suitable day and night cream according to your skin type:
Day and Night Cream for Dry Skin
The best night creams for dry skin include emollients like hyaluronic acid, as well as emollients like squalane or oils to help smooth, moisturize, and tone skin.
And it must not contain strong peeling materials.
As for the day cream for dry skin, if your skin is dry, tight or scaly during the winter, use a very nourishing and moisturizing cream to replenish the oils in your skin. Use products with a creamy texture that penetrates the skin quickly without leaving behind a greasy, shiny layer.
Day and Night Cream for Oily Skin (Acne-Prone)
Oily (shiny) skin also needs hydration!
Those with oily, acne-prone skin are more likely to have congested pores. And they can feel the presence of oil on the face in the morning. To prevent clogged pores, choose a light night cream with a gel texture. Stripping the skin of oil completely, especially if your skincare routine includes mattifying or anti-acne products, can cause an overcompensating reaction and your skin to produce more oil. Ingredients like glycolic or lactic acid can gently exfoliate your skin and unclog your pores.
Choose a light and fluid day cream that does not suffocate your skin, but rather nourishes, balances oil production and removes pigmentation.
Day and Night Cream for Sensitive Skin
For skin prone to redness, irritation, sensitivity or excessive dryness, using a night cream that moisturizes and repairs the skin barrier is most important. Choose a cream containing enzymatically active oils to nourish and moisturize while strengthening the lipid barrier and relieving irritation.
Sensitive skin (with red spots and irritation) needs a gentle touch. Therefore, choose anti-allergic and non-comedogenic day creams that do not cause irritation, but keep the water in your skin and protect it by forming a protective barrier.
How to Apply Day and Night Cream to Moisturize the Skin
How to Apply the Night Cream
Dermatologists suggest that you apply your night creams after cleansing your skin at night to make sure the ingredients go deep into it. In fact, cell regeneration is supposed to be at its maximum during 10 pm and 2 am, so it is recommended to apply the night cream just before that.
After cleansing and applying serums, warm an amount of cream in the palm of your hand and massage it onto your face in upward circular motions.
How to Apply the Day Cream
To maximize the benefit, the day cream should be applied to clean skin without any impurities.
Take a small amount of the cream and warm it up with your hands.
Using your fingertips, massage your skin carefully, starting from the center of your face outwards. Make small circular motions to help the cream penetrate the skin and activate the skin cells.
Also, apply the day cream under your chin and on your neck, which are often overlooked areas, to maintain the skin’s elasticity, which decreases with age.
Important tips: Day and Night Cream to Moisturize the Skin
- Never apply any of these creams around your eyes.
- Apply moisturizer to clean skin. Choose the cleanser that best suits your skin type.
- Your use of day cream does not replace the use of sunscreen.
- Apply both the day and night cream in a gentle circular motion on your face, in an upward direction, to strengthen blood circulation.
- Make sure to use high quality products and from reliable companies so as not to cause damage to your face.
Frequently Asked Questions about Day and Night Cream to Moisturize the Skin
Should I Put the Day and Night Cream to Moisturize the Skin in the Refrigerator?
No, do not store creams and lotions in the refrigerator, as they are meant to stay at room temperature. If you keep them in extreme temperatures (too hot or too cold) they may lose their properties, put them in your room next to you to see them and be reminded by them!
How Many Hours Does the Cream Stay on the Face?
There is no fixed term when it comes to both day and night cream. Just apply the cream on your face and wait two minutes for it to dry before applying any other product. And there is no need to wash it after a certain period. For example, you can keep the night cream until you wake up and wash your face in the morning.
The presence of such products that have magical effects and are also easy to use should encourage you to start applying them immediately!
Can the Night Cream Be Applied during the Day?
Well, why don’t you figure out the answer yourself? We had previously explained to you that each of the day and night creams has a function that differs from the other, and also differs in its components. Do you think it is useful to apply creams that contain SPF while you sleep in the dark? Or is it reasonable to put day creams whose effect is at its peak during the night and rest period?
Of course not, so try to follow the complete instructions on how and when to apply day and night cream to moisturize the skin in order to achieve the optimal benefit for your skin.
Dear, put a little note next to your bed, reminding you of how beautiful you are and how much you deserve all the attention. Plan a daily routine of healthy habits to maintain your body and health, and stick to them, and your entire life will change for the better.