Let’s be honest dear reader, we all tried at least once to get rid of acne by popping. How unpleasant it is for pimples to appear on our skin on an important occasion such as attending a wedding party, or your graduation ceremony from the university.
But squeezing pimples and trying to pop them is definitely not the best solution, in fact it can make your skin worse.
In this Article
Michelle Rodriguez, one of the world’s most important dermatologists, said: “I don’t have angelic skin, as I have always stood in front of the mirror on many occasions as a teenager with a large pimple on my face, so I would press on it then squeeze it, despite their advice to me not to do that.”
How is Acne Formed?
In order to be able to understand its harm, you must first know how acne is formed?
Acne is one of the most common inflammatory skin diseases in adolescents. As more than 80% of adolescents struggle with it. It can also happen later in a person’s life for several reasons, including:
- An imbalance of hormones called Androgens (male sex hormones). Yes, male sex hormones are present in your body as a female as well, but in small quantities.
- The sebaceous glands, which are found in the skin at the base of hair follicles, secrete an oily substance called sebum to lubricate the surface of your skin and hair. These glands are present in all parts of the body except for the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet. It was previously believed that acne was the result of a deficiency in the natural secretion of skin cells lining the sebaceous glands. It is also believed that this leads to thickening of the skin and the formation of white and black heads. But in recent years this belief has changed, and now acne is seen as originally an inflammatory disease of the skin.
Avoid Squeezing Acne
Why should you avoid squeezing a pimple dear?
- Because a pimple is like a small sac under the skin that contains sebum and bacteria. By pressing on it, these contents can be pushed into the surrounding skin, which makes the problem worse. It may also lead to infection and temporary darkening of the skin in that area. Moreover, inflammation can get really bad by leaving scars behind, unlike a pimple, a scar can be permanent.
- If you can resist the urge to squeeze the pimple, it will usually heal within a week or so without scarring, and the white contents will just pop out on their own when they’re ready.
- If big pimples need immediate treatment, a dermatologist can safely scrape out the contents, and give an injection to reduce the inflammation in the pimple within a day or so. If your pimples are something you struggle with on a monthly basis, it is recommended that you see a dermatologist to find out the causes and what can be done to control them.
After all these details, how do you protect yourself from pimples and acne?
Here are some ways to avoid this problem, and get a healthier and clearer skin:
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet that is low in sugar. Your diet should include nuts, legumes, fish, red meat, fruits and vegetables. There are a number of experiments that have been conducted and proven the benefits of eating low sugar foods for patients who have acne. Some studies indicate that your frequent consumption of milk exposes you to more acne. But more research is still needed before these dietary recommendations, and it is recommended that you keep a notebook to see if there is a specific type of food that exacerbates acne, and in this case you should avoid it.
- Avoid excessive scrubbing, cleaning, and peeling, as acne does not occur as a result of the accumulation of dirt on the skin, and the use of many products increases skin irritation and dryness, as well as exacerbating the problem.
- Choose oil-free cleansers, moisturizers, and sunscreens that have a “non-comedogenic” label on their packaging.
- Choose silicone-based hair products over greasy ones, because oily products increase the accumulation of oils and fats on the skin, which makes the acne problem worse.
- Last but not least, avoid stress as much as possible, because mental health is linked to the appearance of pimples as well.
Diet and Acne
I think you’ve always listened to one of your friends complaining that she spends a lot of money on skin care products, but still has a lot of pimples on her skin.
The reason is the fact that your friend does not care about her diet, which is the basis for the whole body’s health. So, I will tell you about some foods or nutritional supplements that improve the glow of skin:
- Probiotics: whether you take it in the form of capsules, or through food such as dairy.
- High-fiber foods such as whole grains and oats.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A.
- Lemon stimulates collagen production, It opens up dark spots caused by acne. It is preferable to put a few drops of lemon in a glass of water and eat it for people who do not suffer from any digestive problems.
- Pumpkin, which is rich in Zinc and Alpha-Hydroxy Acid, reduces oil production.
Acne and Make-up
You will definitely hear women say that the cause of these pimples is the makeup that we wear almost daily.
But in general and objectively, these things do not affect acne, especially if they are non-oily products. But there is an important point, which is cleaning the face at the end of the day or before going to sleep from cosmetics, because it clogs the pores, and thus we get bad results.
Therefore, you should pay attention to some simple cosmetic steps if you suffer from pimples.
1- Prepare the Skin with a Primer
To control the excessive secretion of oils, because it contains natural ingredients and marine plants, in addition to vitamins and amino acids that give you a glowing, non-shiny complexion. Therefore, we advise you to put a moderate amount of primer on your face and rub it softly, then wait for a few minutes for it to be absorbed by the skin, before applying foundation cream and others.
2- Apply a Moisturizing Cream
Moisturizing the skin before applying makeup is an important step, as not using a moisturizing cream will lead to dry skin, more oils, ruining your look and the appearance of pimples. We recommend using products that are oil-free or have a matte formula that takes away the shine caused by excessive oil production on your face.
3- Applying Cosmetics Containing Salicylic Acid
Which plays an important role in getting rid of acne, as it penetrates into oily skin and closed facial pores and works to clean them deeply. Also it reduces the secretion of oils, and thus the appearance of acne.
In conclusion, I would like to warn you that pimples may leave marks on the face for a long time, and the skin should be taken care of because it is our mirror in front of the world. We hope you liked the article. Stay safe.
Frequently Asked Questions about Acne
What is the cause of acne on the face?
Several factors, the most important of which are puberty, genes, the nature of the skin, diet and heredity.
What is the effective treatment for acne?
First, we must know the cause of acne, and then treat it accordingly. There is no single effective treatment, but rather the appropriate treatment for each case according to the case.
What is the age at which acne stops?
End of twenties – 25 years.